The Certificate of Recognition (COR®) is a voluntary incentive program that recognizes companies who develop and implement health and safety systems that meet an industry standard. The program rewards employers who take a strategic approach to workplace safety and are committed to reducing both the human and financial costs of workplace injuries. COR® certification is offered by WorkSafeBC and delivered through Certifying Partners . The BCCSA is the COR® Certifying Partner for employers in the construction industry. To learn more about COR® read this info sheet.
Companies in the construction sector, as well as CU’s 704008 and 712033, are automatically eligible to participate in BCCSA’s COR® program. Companies outside of the construction industry that are interested in pursuing a BCCSA COR® may submit a COR® application for review. Participation will be subject to approval by WorkSafeBC on a case by case basis.
Benefits of COR®
- Make a strong public statement about a company's commitment to protecting the well being of workers and maintaining a culture of safety on jobsites. A win-win for everyone!
- Employers who achieve and maintain COR® may be eligible to receive 10% in annual incentive payments from WorkSafeBC.
- Over time, with reduced injuries and lower claim costs, a COR® company’s experience-rated WorkSafeBC premiums will reflect additional savings.
- Many general contractors require subcontractors to have a recognized safety program in place as a prequalification to bid on projects. COR® meets that requirement.
Read BCCSA COR™ companies Testimonials.
BCCSA COR® Programs
- Small COR®: for companies with 19 or less employees
- Large COR®: for companies with 20 or more employees
COR® Certifications in BC
Within each COR® program, a company can achieve the following COR® Certification:
Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) COR®: recipients are eligible for a 10% incentive payment from WorkSafeBC