The BCCSA is a WorkSafeBC approved training provider of traffic control persons in BC.
BCCSA’s comprehensive, two-day standardized Traffic Control Persons (TCPs) course, consists of classroom and practical training. There are no prerequisites however, participants should have a good understanding of the rules of the road (class 5 or other driver’s license is recommended).
Other course requirements:
- All students must bring government issued ID
- Steel toe boots with ankle protection
- Physically able to participate in the on-road practical evaluation
- Good command of spoken and written English*
*Successful completion of the TCP course requires a strong command of spoken and written English. Each participant is responsible for evaluating their own English language skills prior to registration/attendance in the course.
- Roles, responsibilities & regulations
- Physical & mental requirements
- Job Planning
- Temporary traffic control devices
- Work zones
- Mobile equipment
- Other traffic control scenarios
- Practical Skills
To renew, TCPs must complete the one-day TCP Renewal course. For more information visit the TCP Renewal page.