Certifying Small COR™
For companies with 19 or less employees (FTEs), the process to obtain a BCCSA Small COR™ is as follows:
- Complete and submit a BCCSA COR™ Application Form.
- Have a permanent employee complete BCCSA’s 2–day COR™ Internal Auditor Training course.
After the employee has obtained their COR™ Auditor Certificate, they will be qualified as the company’s COR™ internal auditor.
- Ensure the company has a health and safety management system that meets the BCCSA Small COR™ audit standard.
- Conduct a Small COR™ Certification Audit and achieving a passing mark (minimum 80% overall and at least 50% in each element).
- Submit the Certification Audit to the BCCSA for quality assurance review.
- If the Certification Audit meets the audit requirements, a Small COR™ Certificate will be issued. The COR™ is valid for 3 years, providing annual maintenance audit requirements are met
Maintaining Small COR™
Re-certifying Small COR™
A Re-certification Audit must be conducted and submitted to the BCCSA for quality assurance review. The audit must achieve a passing mark of 80% overall (minimum) and at least 50% in each element. The Small COR™ Re-certification Audit can be conducted by a BCCSA qualified internal auditor.
Note: A company may elect to hire a BCCSA qualified External Auditor to conduct any of their COR™ audits.