TCP RENEWAL COURSE (1-DAY)
To register for a TCP Renewal course, sign into your existing BCCSA account or create a new account using the email and phone number that you have on file with BCCSA:
Click here to find a 1-day renewal course:https://tcpgateway.bccsa.ca/
Note: There are no extensions to TCP expiry dates.
TCP Renewal Eligibility
- You are eligible to renew if you hold a valid TCP record of completion
- You have 12 months after expiry to complete a TCP Renewal course, however you cannot work as a TCP while your record of completion has expired
TCPs whose three year record of completion is about to expire must successfully renew.
The new 1-day TCP RENEWAL started on January 1st, 2019.
How will I find a course and where will course be held?
- Renewal courses will be found using the same format to find a two day course. You can search for courses by city on the BCCSA website, and the TCP Course Schedule tab.
- Costs will vary as set by training institutions or individual instructors based on facility rental fees and travel, etc.
- Your record of completion is good for 3 years.
- Yes, starting Jan. 1, 2019, the new 1 day TCP Renewal course is implemented, all TCPs wishing to renew their TCP card will be required to take the one day TCP Renewal course.
- Yes, there will be an exam within the course.
- All TCPs in the province of BC will be required to take the 1 day TCP Renewal course in order to renew their TCP record of completion. The decision was finalized in 2016.
- The option to take the 2 day training course instead of the 1 day TCP Renewal course will also be available.