Principles of Health & Safety Management (PHSM)
This online course is designed to provide guidance and instruction about developing a simple yet robust Health and Safety manual. The course material is geared towards the construction industry, and offers sample policies, forms and checklists that can be tailored into a cost-effective company Health and Safety manual. The PHSM course aims to help employers build a solid foundation for developing the Safety Programs & Safety Management System.
Already registered? Click here to Log In
Please Note: Re-certifying COR™ Internal Auditors are NOT required to complete PHSM in order to re-certify.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE PHSM?
Anyone with an interest in learning about developing a Health and Safety Manual is recommended to take PHSM. Anyone can register for free. The course reviews in detail the elements of a safety program as it pertains to the construction COR™ audit standard. Consequently, any new or expired BCCSA auditor is required to complete this course upon entering the COR™ Internal Auditor Program.
A challenge exam is embedded in the second last chapter of the course (for anyone with prior OH&S knowledge). As a co-requisite to COR™ Internal Auditor Training, participants of the COR™ Internal Auditor Program must complete PHSM within 4 weeks of their COR™ Internal Auditor Training.
AUTOMATIC CERTIFICATE UPON COMPLETION
Certificates will be sent via email automatically upon completion of the course exam. The challenge exam is embedded in the second last chapter of the course. Students must score at least 80% on the PHSM quiz to receive certification.
There is NO COST to register or complete the course. No CU is required upon registration.
- I am a recertifying BCCSA COR™ auditor, do I still need PHSM?
- How do I register?
- How long does the course take to complete?
- I clicked ‘Register Now’ and an error occurred:
- I registered but did not receive an email:
- How long do I have to complete the course?
- I am currently enrolled in the COR™ Internal Auditor course for the first time, do I need PHSM?
- I forgot my user ID:
- I did PHSM a long time ago, I can’t find my certificate:
- I completed PHSM but did not receive a certificate:
- Does the PHSM certificate expire?
- Is this course offered in class?
- I have my Auditor Certificate from the ACSA and am applying for equivalency. Do I need to complete PHSM as well?
- I have proficiency in OH&S can I challenge this test and skip the modules?
1. I am a re-certifying BCCSA COR™ auditor, do I still need PHSM?
No, if you are a re-certifying auditor you do not need to complete the PHSM online course. Please make sure to read our policy on re-certification to ensure you meet the criteria. If you have an expired COR™ Internal Auditor certificate, you will be required to complete PHSM in order to obtain a new COR™ Internal Auditor certificate.
2. How do I register?
Click 'Register Now'. You will be taken to BCCSA's E-Learning Portal webpage. If this is your first time signing up for a BCCSA online account, click on 'Sign Up Here'. Complete the registration form (ensuring to use your own email address), and click 'Register' at the bottom of the form. An email will be sent to the email address you provided with your BCCSA ID and login information. Please follow the steps outlined in the email to complete the registration process.
1. You are using Google Chrome (do not use Internet Explorer).
2. Your internet connection is stable. Try to refresh the page and try again. If the problem persists, please contact the BCCSA training team at email@example.com.
5. I registered but did not receive an email:
Follow these steps:
1. Ensure that the email used upon registration is typed accurately and is your personal email address.
2. Check your ‘junk’ folder in your email provider.
If you used the correct email address but still did not receive the email, contact the BCCSA training department at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your User ID and log-in link.
6. How long do I have to complete the course?
Your PHSM account will never expire. Upon registration, you will have unlimited access to the course content and resources.
Disclaimer; Please be aware that the above policy may be changed at BCCSA's discretion.
If you are certifying as a COR™ internal auditor, you must complete the PHSM course within 4 weeks of your COR™ auditor training.
7. I am currently enrolled in the COR™ Internal Auditor course for the first time, do I need PHSM?
Yes, starting June 1st 2016, the Principles of Health and Safety Management online course will be a co-requisite for those seeking a COR™ Internal Auditor certificate. COR™ Internal Auditor students have four weeks to complete the PHSM online course from the date they have completed Auditor Training. COR™ certificates will not be mailed until PHSM has been completed.
8. I forgot my user ID:
Please check your email history. An email with your PHSM log in ID should have been sent upon registration. If you cannot locate the email, please click 'Re-Set my Password' on the BCCSA E-Learning Portal page.
9. I did PHSM a long time ago, I can’t find my certificate:
If you cannot find or were not emailed a certificate originally, please contact the BCCSA training department at email@example.com to obtain a copy of your certificate.
10. I completed PHSM but did not receive a certificate:
In order to receive a certificate of completion, students must score at least 80% on the PHSM final quiz to receive certification. If you did not meet this minimum, you can log out, then log in and try the test again.
Once successfully completed, your certificate will be sent to the email address provided upon registration. You can also download your certificate from the E-Learning Portal by clicking on 'Completed Courses', then clicking on 'certificate' in the Principles of Health and Safety Management' course box.
If you believe that you have completed the course successfully but have not been emailed and/ or cannot access your certificate in the E-Learning portal, please contact the training department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Does the PHSM certificate expire?
No, the PHSM certificate does not expire.
12. Is this course offered in class?
No, the Principles of Health and Safety Management course is only offered online at this time.
13. I have my Auditor Certificate from the ACSA and am applying for equivalency. Do I need to complete PHSM as well?
No, if you are applying to receive a BCCSA COR Internal Auditor certificate through ACSA equivalency, you do not have to complete PHSM.
14. I have proficiency in OH&S can I challenge this test and skip the modules?
Yes. If you feel confident in your ability and knowledge of OH&S, you can follow the regular registration procedure, log in, and click 'Final Quiz' in the course navigation menu.
Should you have any questions please contact email@example.com, or to obtain a copy of your certificate