The Certificate of Recognition (COR™) is a voluntary incentive program that recognizes companies who develop and implement health and safety and injury management systems that meet an industry standard. The program rewards employers who take a strategic approach to workplace safety and are committed to reducing both the human and financial costs of workplace injuries. COR™ certification is offered by WorkSafeBC and delivered through Certifying Partners . The BCCSA is the COR™ Certifying Partner for employers in the construction industry. To learn more about COR™ read this info sheet.
Companies in the construction sector , as well as CU’s 704008 and 712033, are automatically eligible to participate in BCCSA’s COR™ program. Companies outside of the construction industry that are interested in pursuing a BCCSA COR™ may submit a COR™ application for review. Participation will be subject to approval by WorkSafeBC on a case by case basis.
Benefits of COR™
- Make a strong public statement about a company's commitment to protecting the well being of workers and maintaining a culture of safety on jobsites. A win-win for everyone!
- Employers who achieve and maintain COR™ may be eligible to receive up to 15% in annual incentive payment (10% OHS COR™; 5% IM/RTW COR™) from WorkSafeBC.
- Over time, with reduced injuries and lower claim costs, a COR™ company’s experience-rated WorkSafeBC premiums will reflect additional savings.
- Many general contractors require subcontractors to have a recognized safety program in place as a prequalification to bid on projects. COR™ meets that requirement.
Read BCCSA COR™ companies Testimonials.
BCCSA COR™ Programs
Two COR™ programs are offered by the BCCSA, each having different program requirements:
- Small COR™: for companies with 19 or less employees
- Large COR™: for companies with 20 or more employees
COR™ Certifications in BC
Within each COR program, there are two COR certifications a company can achieve:
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) COR™: recipients are eligible for a 10% incentive payment from WorkSafeBC; and
- Injury Management / Return to Work (IM/RTW) COR™: recipients are eligible for an additional 5% incentive payment from WorkSafeBC.
IM/RTW COR™ may be earned concurrently with, or subsequent to OHS COR™, however it may not be completed as a stand-alone without achieving OHS COR™. A company’s IM/RTW COR™ certificate will be issued with an expiry date that coincides with the company’s OHS COR™ certificate expiry date. Important: Effective January 1, 2013, the issuance of any new IM/RTW COR™ Certifications has been suspended. To learn more read the Information on IM_RTW COR™ Certification Freeze .