Fire and Flood Restoration Program Technical Advisory Committee (FFRP)
The Fire and Flood Restoration Contractors Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) was formed in 2005 under the name BCARC (British Columbia Association of Restoration Contractors). It was the first association in North America devoted exclusively to safety in the Fire and Flood Restoration industry and deals with industry issues relating to workplace health and safety. BCARC amalgamated with the BCCSA in 2016 and where the committee continues to deliver safety training, and resources to the restoration industry under the name ‘Fire & Flood Restoration Program’ TAC.
First On Site
Interested in joining the Fire and flood restoration committee?
Participation on the committee is vetted by the BC Construction Safety Alliance. Interested stakeholders must meet the following requirements to be eligible to participate on the committee:
- Be registered with WorkSafeBC in sector 721022 Fire & Flood Restoration Contractor
- Ability to attend monthly meetings.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join, please contact email@example.com for authorization documents.
The FFRP is undertaking several projects in 2022 including:
- Updated Site Safety Assessment form, available here
- Developing a Lead Exposure Risk Assessment
- Development of Exposure Control Plan Guides for PBC's & Mercury
- Development of a Webinar on Health and Safety Responsibilities in Restoration, information available here
- Development of Hazardous Materials Awareness training material
- Development of Exposure Control Plan Guides; Lead and Mould
- SAFE AT WORK IN THE RESTORATION INDUSTRY Pamphlet for new workers
- Industry incident analysis survey
- Partnered with CCOHS to design and deliver no-cost online safety training, available here
- Developed industry specific courses and partnered with CCOHS to deliver no-cost online safety training including
- Biological/Organic Hazard Awareness
- Sewage Discharge
- Site Safety Assessment