AUTHORIZATION CODE INSTRUCTIONS
Start a new message in your phone's text messaging app, then:
- Enter the phone # 604-210-2048 (DO NOT PLACE A 1 IN FRONT OF 604)
- Enter you 7 digit SN#, only the 7 digits. (DO NOT PLACE ANY LETTERS IN THE MESSAGE FIELD)
- Your code will be sent to you within 10 seconds
- If you have not received your 5 digit code in 10 seconds, re-read steps 1-2 and try again.
- If you are still having issues, call the BCCSA at 604 636 3675 for assistance.
TCP RENEWAL COURSE (1-DAY): Before you register for the 1-day TCP Renewal course you MUST obtain a valid 5-digit Authorization Code. To obtain your Authorization Code, please TEXT your 7-digit SN # (student number) to 604-210-2048 If you do not know SN # (student number), contact BCCSA at 604-636-3675 or 1-877-860-3675.
Note: There are no extensions to TCP expiry dates.
TCP Renewal Eligibility
- You are eligible to renew if you hold a valid TCP record of completion
- You have 12 months after expiry to complete a TCP Renewal course, however you cannot work as a TCP while your record of completion has expired
- You have a valid Authorization Code
TCPs whose three year record of completion is about to expire must successfully renew.
The new 1-day TCP RENEWAL started on January 1st, 2019.
How will I find a course and where will course be held?
- Renewal courses will be found using the same format to find a two day course. You can search for courses by city on the BCCSA website, and the TCP Course Schedule tab.
- Costs will vary as set by training institutions or individual instructors based on facility rental fees and travel, etc.
- Your record of completion is good for 3 years.
- Yes, starting Jan. 1, 2019, the new 1 day TCP Renewal course is implemented, all TCPs wishing to renew their TCP card will be required to take the one day TCP Renewal course.
- Yes, there will be an exam within the course.
- All TCPs in the province of BC will be required to take the 1 day TCP Renewal course in order to renew their TCP record of completion. The decision was finalized in 2016.
- The option to take the 2 day training course instead of the 1 day TCP Renewal course will also be available.
To learn more about the TCP program, please contact our TCP Coordinator at TCP@bccsa.ca or call 604.636.3675.