Current Traffic Control Instructors
The following is a list of all TCP instructors. These instructors are in good standing with the BC Construction Safety Alliance and are able to facilitate the WorkSafeBC approved standardized TCP program.
Click here for a full list of TCP Instructors including the region(s) they are willing to travel to.
The BCCSA is looking for TCP instructors: The BCCSA is looking for energetic and enthusiastic individuals who want to be a Traffic Control Persons' instructor and teach the BCCSA TCP course on a regular basis.
Interested candidates must meet all the qualifications listed here with the addition of:
- Must be willing to travel within their home of the province
- Must be flexible with their schedules
- Must have time to commit to the BCCSA TCP Program and participate in ongoing training, mentorship and other processional development opportunities provided by BCCSA
If you are interested in becoming an instructor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- A current resume (please include you TCP SN# (ie: Student Number)
- A cover letter detailing why you want to be an instructor
- 500 – 800 - word essay. The topic:
Describe how distraction and unprofessional behaviour by a TCP can impact their safety.
*The BCCSA values the time you have taken to submit your resume and cover letter, however, only those selected will be contacted.
BCCSA TCP Instructors are independent contractors, and are not employed by BCCSA. Instructors are responsible for the cost of any equipment, materials and supplies necessary to deliver the TCP course and any business start up costs including but not limited to all required insurances. Start up costs can range from $2,000 - $7,000
*Please note – The BCCSA does not offer a Train the Trainer TCP Instructor course. TCP Instructor training is only offered to applicants who have the required qualifications and who successfully complete the interview process.
To learn more about the TCP program, please contact our TCP Coordinator at TCP@bccsa.ca or call 604.636.3675.