Certifying Large COR™
For companies with 20 or more employees (FTEs), the process to obtain a BCCSA Large COR™ is as follows:
- Complete and submit a BCCSA COR™ Application Form.
- Ensure the company has a health and safety management system that meets the BCCSA Large COR™ audit standard
Note: BCCSA recommends having a permanent employee complete BCCSA’s 2–day COR™ Internal Auditor Training course. After the employee has obtained their COR™ Internal Auditor Certificate, they will be qualified as the company’s COR™ internal auditor and have an understanding of the COR™ audit standard.
- Hire a BCCSA qualified COR™ external auditor to conduct a Large COR™ Certification Audit and achieve a passing mark (minimum 80% overall and at least 50% in each element).
- Submit the Certification Audit to the BCCSA for quality assurance review.
- If the Certification Audit meets the audit requirements, a Large COR™ Certificate will be issued. The COR™ is valid for 3 years, providing annual maintenance audit requirements are met.
Maintaining Large COR™
Maintenance Audits must be conducted and submitted to the BCCSA annually for quality assurance review. Large COR™ Maintenance Audits can be conducted by the company’s qualified internal auditor.
Re-certifying Large COR™
A Re-certification Audit must be conducted and submitted to the BCCSA for quality assurance review. The audit must achieve a passing mark of 80% overall (minimum) and at least 50% in each element. The Large COR™ Re-certification Audit must be conducted by a BCCSA qualified external auditor.