A BCCSA qualified COR™ Internal Auditor is a permanent employee of your company who has successfully completed BCCSA’s 2-day COR™ Internal Auditor Training course.
Qualifying as an Internal Auditor
To achieve a BCCSA COR™ Internal Auditor Certificate, a permanent employee must:
- Complete co-requisite Principles of Health and Safety Management (PHSM) online course
- Attend BCCSA’s 2-day COR™ Internal Auditor Training course
- Sign the BCCSA COR™ Auditor Internal Code of Ethics
- Obtain a minimum score of 80% on the course exam
- Complete and submit a Student Audit Assignment to the BCCSA within 4 weeks of course completion and achieve a passing grade
Once the employee has satisfied the above requirements, they will be issued a BCCSA COR™ Internal Auditor Certificate, valid for 3 years, provided the auditor status is maintained.
Maintaining Internal Auditor Qualification
After an individual has successfully obtained their BCCSA COR Internal Auditor Certificate, they must conduct a minimum of 2 OHS COR™ audits within the 3-year period between their initial certification and re-certification to maintain their BCCSA internal auditor status.
Re-qualifying as an Internal Auditor
BCCSA COR™ Internal Auditors must re-qualify at least once every 3 years through the completion of BCCSA’s 2-day COR™ Internal Auditor Training course.
Note: Individuals who have not satisfied the requirement for maintaining their internal auditor qualification and/or have not completed the COR™ Internal Auditor Training course before their current COR™ Internal Auditor Certificate expires will also be required to complete and submit a Student Audit Assignment to the BCCSA within 4 weeks of course completion and achieve a passing grade in order to re-qualify and receive a new COR™ Internal Auditor Certificate, valid for 3 years.
BCCSA COR™ Internal Auditor Equivalency Policy
The following documentations must accompany the application form, and be reviewed by the BCCSA for approval:
- A valid COR™ Auditor Certificate issued by a CFSA (click to read definition), AND
- A recent COR™ OHS Audit Document written within the past 1.5 years (18 months)
Expired COR™ Auditor Certificates are not accepted.
- The BCCSA will only grant equivalency once- upon certificate expiry, the auditor must take the BCCSA COR™ Internal Auditor course and complete the audit assignment. OR, the auditor must complete 2 BC OHS COR™ audits within the next 3 years and recertify.
- Re-certification course from other associations will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to read the instructions on the BCCSA National Audit Document and ensure they understand the report requirements.
- Individuals planning to conduct a BCCSA COR™ Audit as an Internal Auditor must be on the reported payroll of the BC company. As per definitions in section 4 (page 63) of WorkSafeBC's The COR™ Program: Standards and Guidelines (S&G) for Internal Auditors and Section 4.2, individuals will be expected to be a permanent employee of the company.
For more information on internal auditor equivalency, please contact 1.877.860.3675. All submission packages can be emailed to Training@BCCSA.ca
A BCCSA qualified COR™ External Auditor is a safety professional who has been qualified by the BCCSA to assess a company’s health and safety and injury management systems against the BCCSA COR™ audit standard.
Large COR™ companies must hire a BCCSA qualified COR™ External Auditor to conduct their Certification and Re-certification Audits.
Small COR™ and Large COR™ companies have the option of hiring a BCCSA external auditor to conduct audits in place of a qualified internal auditor (i.e. for Small COR™ certification, maintenance, and re-certification audits or Large COR™ maintenance audits).
It is the responsibility of the external auditor to complete and submit a Notice from External Auditor to the BCCSA at least 3 weeks prior to the scheduled start of an audit.
List of BCCSA Qualified External Auditors
Need to Hire an External Auditor? Here are some FAQs!
Bulletin - BCCSA’s New External Auditor Program
Having troubles opening or filling in any of the above forms?
Read instructions here
To learn more about the COR™ Program, please review the BCCSA’s COR™ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or contact us at email@example.com or toll free at 1.877.860.3675